Brothers (Fullmetal Alchemist) Cover
I dedicate this song to my dearest friend Rhoder who has returned after a short absence. I chose to sing this song because Fullmetal Alchemist was the way that Rhoder and I met.
I'm so glad that we are friends, dear. I don't know what I'd do without you.
(Hope the rest of you can enjoy it too! )
It was over. After years of struggle and bittersweet regrets, it had all finally come to its conclusion . . . and it was nearly more than Edward Elric could comprehend.
It had only been a handful of hours since the Battle for Amestris had been won, with the Father being defeated once and for all and the world’s fate settled by his demise. Only a few precious hours since it had been all or nothing, and now as the moon rose upon the new night, the eldest Elric silently watched over his younger brother with emotion filled, golden eyes.
After Edward had brought Al back from the Portal of Truth, the two had been taken to the nearest hospital for much needed medical attention. Though it was obvious that the focus had been on Al more than Ed, seeing as he had been shivering like a leaf and was all skin and bones. But now, after all the tests had been
FMA What If? - See You Later “Brother! Run!” Alphonse shouted at Edward. Ed was laying on the ground; his automail arm was destroyed, and Scar was heading straight for him.
“Brother! Get up! Save yourself! Run!” Alphonse cried. Al was sitting in an alley nearby, only a few feet away from Ed. Half of his armor had been destroyed by Scar, and he couldn’t move.
Edward said nothing as Scar stood above him. He looked defeated, and clearly had no intention of running. Scar glared down at him, and Al continued to call out, desperately trying to convince Ed to run.
“Do you wish to pray to God before I kill you?” Scar asked.
“No, I don’t really have a god that I wanna pray to,” Ed mumbled. Then, turning pleading eyes to Scar, he added, “Can you just promise to not hurt my brother?”
“I give you my word that I will leave your brother alone,” Scar said. Then, lifting
Sacred SimplicitySo we just hold on fast
Acknowledge the past
As lessons exquisitely crafted
To carve us as instruments
That play the music of life
But we don't realize
Our faith in the prize
Unless it's been somehow elusive
How quickly we choose it
The sacred simplicity
Of you at my side
- "Eric's Song" by Vienna Teng
You've been waiting for this day for so long that when it comes, everything feels like a dream.
Every day for the past six months, you've run over in your head what it was like the day he left. Sometimes you think you're just secretly a masochist, or maybe you're trying to punish yourself in some sort of twisted Equivalent Exchange for everything he's endured for you. But when you're really honest with yourself, you know you do it because you're afraid you'll forget what he looks like.
It's been so long that your memories of him are worn and brown, like the faded photographs Granny keeps in a special album. Photos of her husband, of her children. Still
If you love obsessing over these brothers as much as we do, and if you're looking for a fun, friendly, incest-free place to do that, look no further!
For more amazing art and brotherly goodness, follow Brother-Mine on tumblr! brother-mine.tumblr.com/
Here's What This Group IS:
- Dedicated solely to Ed and Al.
- Celebrating the close, profound, non-sexual, brotherly bond they share.
- Against sexualizing that bond in any way.
Here's What This Group IS NOT:
- A hate group that bashes Elricest...OR its fans.
This group does not support Elricest, and from time to time we may civilly discuss WHY we are against it; however that does NOT mean that we are against the people who enjoy it and ship it, or that we will be rude or hateful in expressing our opinions about it. We're here to focus on the positive, not the negative. Everyone has the right to their own opinions and preferences, and that includes pairings. We respect that, and we will never get in the way of that. All we ask is that you give us the same courtesy.
Also, though we will never put Elricest fanart in our gallery, Elricest fans are more than welcome to join! As long as you respect our rules and our purpose, we are happy to have you!!
Rules for Submitting:
1. Submit your OWN and your BEST! This means no motivational posters, no traced art, no unfinished work, no sloppy presentation (like on lined paper, etc), and using screenshots is ONLY allowed for making graphics (wallpaper, signatures, avatars, etc). We accept artists on many different levels of skill and experience, but we still want you to put in your best effort! These wonderful characters deserve no less!
2. All fanart, fanfiction, cosplay, graphics, etc MUST focus on Ed, Al or both; and MUST be submitted in the correct folders! Submit carefully, please! If you have a piece that focuses on a group of characters rather than just the brothers, you're welcome to suggest it as a favorite. But it still needs to have Ed and Al.
3. Absolutely NO ELRICEST! Hugs, noogies, cuddling, etc are just fine (and encouraged!), but nothing sexual or sensual please! This group is strictly for their canon brotherly relationship.
4. No flames, nazis or nasty fanwars allowed; whether it's in your art OR your comments! Be polite and treat everything in good humor. This is supposed to be a fun and friendly place!
|More Journal Entries|